Monday, April 18, 2011

Portrait

                    The light sources for this portrait is the sun at dusk, even though the light is coming from her left, she is still brightened up on her right side of the face. I have tried to brightened up the worst shadows in her face, and also around her eyes to give more character. From the viewers point of view I would say that the eyes starts to look at the bottom left corner, but only for so short amount of time that no one would realize it, because the eyes would then seek to the model's face since this is a portrait image, after that the eyes would go down and back on her hair and then follow her chest, arm and leg. That is one reason why I wanted her to put her leg up like that, to give the picture something more than just a face, now we can see the city in the background but since she has her leg up she wont look to "cut in" in the picture. It also makes her pose more casual. 
                   I kept the colors in the pictures low saturated as they were, so it wouldn't take to much distraction from the model. However, I changed the temperature so that she would look "warmer".
                  There is about three things with this picture that I am not sure if I like or if it's necessary to do anything about, but instead of fixing it, I would like the class opinions about it!

Settings:
F-stop: f/5.60
ISO: 100
Shutter speed: 1/30 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment