Monday, February 21, 2011

"Back to the Future" - Irina Werning

              While I was looking at fotosidan.se - a Swedish website for both amateur and professional photographers - I found a project by a Spanish photographer named Irina Werning that I really liked. Her project is called "back to the future", which is based on letting different people relive their happiest childhood photographA few months ago Irina Werning decided to invest in the project with old photographs of children and started inviting people to go back to its future. On her website she writes about the project. "I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else’s house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it’s imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today...", 
            
             I myself really like old pictures too, and this project that Irina is doing right now is really fascinating. Not only because I like the emotions that a good old picture gives me but this project is more than that, you can see what 50 or 20 years have done to a persons look and appearance. I'm really going to step by her website to see if there's any new pictures in that project. Beneath is a few examples from her project. 


                                                        : Nico in 1986 & 2010, Buenos Aires,Irina Werning
                                                               Ato 1992 & 2010, Buenos Aires, Irina Werning
                                                        : MECHI IN 1990 & 2010, Buenos Aires, Irina Werning
                                            PANCHO IN 1983 & 2010, Buenos Aires, Irina Werning




No comments:

Post a Comment