Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introduction




              Since this is the first post I want to introduce myself and my experience of photography. My name is Malin Johansson, I'm now a freshmen at Rocky Mountain College. I'm from the west coast of Sweden. I got my first camera when I was fourteen, a small one, maybe 3.2 megapixels. A year after that I bought my first camera, still digital but for me it was good. I got more interested in photography and how to be able to see things from new perspectives. A year later after that I bought my first SLR, which made everything even more fun. But since I have tried to figure out every features by myself I have never understood the most basic things. I don't know how all the numbers of a photo works, or what they mean.. So by taking the course "topics of photography" I'm hoping to get better and develop my knowledge of photography.

               This first picture of the leaf I took a few years ago in the fall. It was dew outside and I wanted to capture the cool patterns that was now eaiser to see. I brought the leaf in to my because I wanted it to be on a black background. In photoshop I just made the background totally dark and lower the brightness.



This picture I added here just because I like the way of sharpness and blur, sometimes I think the bluriness is more interesting than the sharp part of the picture..


This picture below is taken in Hemsedal, Norway. A lot of skiers and snowboarder were going over a big jump, what the picture is not telling is that below this snowboarder there is a giant inflatable plastic pillow. I wanted it to look like the snowboarders and skiers were high up in the air and I tried to catch them in the picture while the background behind them was just the sky, so the mountain as a background wouldn't destract the picture of the person.

Below is a picture of Daniel Lemma, a Swedish singer. He performed where I work as a waitress and also take some pictures for their website. I find it kinda hard to take these pictures of the artists and bands that come and play, that's because I don't like to use the flash that is on the camera and because they never sit still. I always have to test a lot of the functions on the camera (which I never remember... haha) but sometimes it works out okay.

So that's the kind of picture that I've been taken before and now I want to be able to take all kinds of picture and to learn the functions on the camera so I can develop my creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment